The shared equity home buy loan provided by Parity Trust in partnership with Chichester District Council provides loans towards the purchase of any property on the market, subject to the agreed eligibility criteria.
The loan can provide funding for up to 20% of the property value. In addition, you would need to provide a deposit of 5% and arrange a mortgage with a suitable lender to cover the remaining balance. An equity loan is repaid through the increase in value of the property rather than capital and interest payments. There are no payments towards the loan for the first five years. For full details about the product, please click on the product guide to view information on a pdf.
Who can apply? Applicants for the loan must:
- have a local connection to the Chichester District
- be unable to afford to buy a property on the open market
- be emplyed on a permanent contract or self-employed and able to provide accounts for the last three years of trading
- have enough savings to fund a 5% deposit and any other fees associated with purchasing a property
- not own or have interest in any other property (existing homeowners living in a property not suitable for their needs may be considered for the homebuyer loan)
- have a good credit history
What types of homes are available?
- Properties currently on the open market can be purchased
- Those located within the boundaries of Chichester District Council
- The maximum house purchase price for which the shared equity loan can be used is £250,000.00
- The property you plan to buy must meet suitability criteria set by Chichester District Council who will arrange for an inspection before the shared equity loan is finally approved.
If you are interested in the scheme - please complete our online enquiry form and one of our team will get in touch with you.
We will never misuse your data or send you spam. We will only contact you about this quote.